View Single Post
Old May 24, 2018   #33
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions and support. I went to two places looking for plants today and came home with 2 plants, a Cherokee Purple in a 4" pot for 1.69, and a Box Car Willie in a 4" pot for 4.69. They had some Brandywine, but are not too specific about variety, only say pink or red. I really like Sudduth. Not every Brandywine is equal to me. I will check a couple more places, but was not willing to pay 4.69 each for most. The Box Car Willies were over grown, too large for the containers, and the main stems curving all over. I found one pretty good one. I would have bought a couple more even at those prices if they had been good plants because that is one I grow myself and I really llike it. Not giving up yet. I have gotten so used to really great tasting tomatoes, even Big Beef was disappointing. I might go back to the one where I got the Cherokee Purple. They did have some Pruden's Purple, and if I am going buy a generic Brandywine, its going to be at 1.69 not 4.69.
Well here's what I think about your post above and I'm not going to hold anything back re my comments.

I am so jealous of what you found and what you paid I could cry.

I had to buy plants this year for the first time ever, I posted what they were and had to pay $4.00 each to get them.

Maybe that's b/c where you are there are LOTS of places that sell plants,whereas the town where I live near,in the boonies,has a population of only about 3K folks.

So watch me cry even more.

Carolyn