View Single Post
Old February 8, 2013   #66
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi again everyone,

Naysen, I did really appreciate the your posting the link and, esp for pointing out the part about time of day for watering (which I totally missed on my first reading) as "water and moisture management" seem to be the major cause of my failures! Good luck with your new grafts and keep us updated!

Stvrob - wow! I'm really impressed by your success and how sturdy the grafts are so soon. And thanks for the tip about saving the unused (for the grafts) part of the plants. I cut a couple of carbon scions for grafting and made a point to cut above the cotyledons and save the remainder to see if I can get it to sprout new true leaves.

b54red - Regarding the rootstocks getting too large for the available scions..... seems like it might be fun to grow them out to two or more leaders suitable for grafting a couple of different scions down the road a bit.

Delerium - 5 or 6 keepers out of your 25 first attempts sounds good to me!!! I'm I lost all 18 of my first attempt and high percentages of my subsequent trials. Still hit or miss for me at this stage.

Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote