View Single Post
Old July 18, 2009   #24
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Bohica, we have been talking micorrhizae here at Tville for the past 3 years and have done our own tests courtesy Ray Newstead. If you want to talk mycorrhiza I will be more than happy to do so. This thread was about record vege's and Pumpkin Pro. Do a search of this site using mycorrhiza/e and you may learn something about what we talk about.
I e-mailed RTI last Wednesday concerning the makeup of Pumpkin Pro and still have not received an answer. Maybe you can answer that question. The Boat load of bacteria you talk about are biofertilizers and biopesticides. Here in the tomato growing world disease is one of our biggest enemies. And right now our tomato growing friends in your neighborhood are getting hit big time with Late Blight. The mycorrhizae strains all play different roles in the nutrient uptake of plants whether it be nitrogen fixation or phosphorous uptake. The Azospirillum you mentioned which I am assuming you are using in con★★★★★★★★ with Pumpkin Pro is a helper bacteria that stimulates and assists the Glomus genus (Endomycorrhiza) in nitrogen uptake. So when we use bioinoculants on our plants we want to give them the best chance for disease free and fruitful tomato production. And a mix that MycoGrow or BioVam provides can help us achieve that goal. There are other Myco blends out there that are basically the same but I am most familiar with the ladder.
So you see we are looking for the best tasting, most productive disease free heirloom/open pollinated tomatoes we can grow. And we will even take a giant one that will cover Texas sized toast for a BLT. So anytime you or SouthCoast
want to pass on your experiences or information with or about Microbial Biofertilizers please do. And I would be very much interested in hearing more about Azospirillum and it's availability. And if you like maybe we can get Ray (if willing) to do a comparison of your product side by side with BioVam or MycoGrow along with Actinovate in one of his Earth-Tainer's.

Regards, Ami