Thread: fusarium wilt
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2011   #31
vagardener434
Tomatovillian™

Thx for posting pics and explaining this subject so well. I've had a few plants in my GH that just didnt look right. They looked like some of your pics. I've been pruning the leaves, trying to keep up with the worst ones. So far only had to pull one plant. It was a Cuostralee that just went down hill in a hurry. The BW Red beside it is showing signs, but I'm removing the bad leaves, hoping it holds on till the fruit ripens. And the Cuostralee on the other side of it is hanging in there, for now. A few other varieties have a few bad leaves here and there, but no too bad. Especially considering its 100 degrees in there now. I'm trying to wind it down as fast as possible

I did plant a dozen or so varieties outside in a test area. They didnt get much attention, but its just as well. I've had to remove several of them. Looks like some type of wilt or disease started in a Gallo Plum and just spread really fast.

I've never had an issue with disease before. But then, I've never tried to grow 35-40 types of heirloom tomatoes. I've found a few varieties that I like, that have done well. I really wasn't aware of just how susceptible heirlooms are to disease. Lesson learned !

Again..great job on a very informative thread !

Bobby
vagardener434 is offline   Reply With Quote