View Single Post
Old November 18, 2016   #4
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Interesting thought.
I dont want to state the obvious but it may not be obvious to everyone.
Almost all indoor lighting puts out every color of the rainbow expect some of the ones in the IR and UV range.
If it didn't you wouldn't be able to see those colors.
How much of each is another subject.
But I have worked in buildings with construction sites where they used lights and not many of them for lighting.
These lights didn't put out a wide spectrum and you couldn't see some colors to save your life.
It was like being color blind, not good for someone having to splice colored wire as I was.
Where I worked at they started putting in LED lights to replace the older lights.
They had an engineer for everything even changing out a light switch but they didn't ever consider spectrum and wattage on these lights.

My boss ended up with LED tube lights in his office that were high intensity bright daylight.
It was like walking outside in the bright sun.
He had to wear sunglasses, really.
My light bulb went out in my reading lamp in my room.
They replaced it with a 100 watt bright daylight LED light.
I ended up going around looking for lamps in the place for an older bulb to get rid of that darn light.
You couldn't read to save your life.

I knew the maintenance people and asked them about it.
They had no idea about the difference in the lights they were putting in or that you could buy different spectrum lights.
I think my boss had the equivalent of 1000 watts of bright daylight in his office, You could see the light bleeding out into the hallway through the cracks in the doors of all of the offices they did this too.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote