View Single Post
Old November 14, 2011   #1
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Rare Hickory Cane Corn Available

HICKORY CANE CORN SOLD OUT

I have been informed that the Hickory Cane Corn has been SOLD OUT. He plans to grow it again next season!

Wishing you a bountiful Garden one and all!
Gary

I discovered a source for Hickory Cane Corn and have volunteered to post the availability on my Garden Links.
Gary

Hickory Cane Corn

For those interested in growing a rare old corn variety called Hickory Cane Corn, I have seed available. I understand that it was grown in the mountain regions of Kentucky. Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, Virgina and West Virgina and possibly other locations.

Description of Hickory Cane Corn.

Hickory Cane (not Hickory King) corn was a favorite of old timers and was prized as a sweet corn, creamed corn, grits, hominy and particularly for white corn meal. It makes outstanding Cornbread! Hickory Cane produces a very tall (sometimes up to 12' or more) stalk which supports the height well. It produces very large ears with large white kernels in eight rows. It is fairly drought resistant and stays green much longer than today's sweet corn. It is open pollinated and should not be planted near other varieties (at least one mile isolation). Grown for Fodder originally on the farm for feed and used in cooking Corn Meal, Hominy, and Grits

Hickory Cane Corn $5.00 Per Pound and $5.00 Shipping
email Robert rollersrule@cs.com with inquires.

Last edited by VGary; March 24, 2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Seed Sold Out
VGary is offline   Reply With Quote