View Single Post
Old June 12, 2011   #38
desertlzbn
Tomatovillian™

Ok, let me answer a few of the questions then I have a few more for you.
I have everything on irrigation, and most of the flags are rated 8 or 10 gallon per hour. Up until 2 days ago I was watering for 40 min in the morning. I was out of town for ONE day and I came back to most of my plants being very wilted, and looking bad. Yesterday I started watering for 60 min in the morning. I don't think the water system turned on this morning, so everything (all my melons and zucs, and cucs were completely wilted). I will go out in a little bit to see if they come back. I hope so.
Anyway. I built three Earthtainers this winter and fixed them exactly the way the instructions said. I am seeing signs of whatever disease is plaguing my plants. I will try to take pictures later. on a couple of my beds I have been doing some intensive fertilizing, to see if that may help.
I will have to take a soil sample to the UofA to try to see if this is soil born or what. I guess I will take in a couple of the plants to get them looked at too.
I just feel l cannot win. I planted out over 80 tomato plants and I have only gotten about a pound of tomatoes off of them. That is horrible.
I should have lots of tomatoes now.
I will check in later with more thoughts.
desertlzbn is offline   Reply With Quote