View Single Post
Old September 22, 2009   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Lena, it's not listed in the SSE YEarbook and the only Google link was to the place where you bought it.

I did go through the tomato list there and I had lots of questions about many of them as to descriptions, pictures, or lack there of.

Whoever Henry Harrigton is or was, it appears that he probably did, or should have, known the correct variety names for some or most of them, but renamed them.

The one named Yellow Brandywine sure doesn't look like YB at all, and the ones named generic oxheart sure don't look like heart shaped tomatoes to me. And I had lots of other questions about other varieties as well.

I wish I could be of more help, but I can't, and I really do get the impression that there's been lots and lots of renaming going on . They really need to update their info on quite a few varieties as to original origin as I see it, or maybe they just haven't taken the time to research that information.

I just don't know.

What kind of information do you expect them to give you? it seems that all they know is that the variety came from the Henry Harrington collection. Perhaps you're looking for basic info on plant habit, fruit size, lead form, etc., but they don't list that for any of them, well maybe some, I just can't remember.

They say that a person named Mark does their trials for them so I wonder why he doesn't record info that could be included for each variety.