Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerific View Post
I am in cohorts with the enemy

Thanks for you time

God Bless

Dono
I don't think it is so much a question of "enemy" as much as it is simply removing a recommendation. If the customer service side of the business improves in future years I am sure Marianna will be back on the "A" list.

Park seeds is a well respected old and large company that probably has filled literally millions of seed orders. Yet they are not on the recommended list either. And quite frankly they are going through turmoil too. Gleckler's went completely out of business and is now started back up again and is recommended. So large or small, these things happen.

Just figure out a way to do better next and future years. Sometimes nothing more than a disclaimer stating all orders will be shipped later such as, "We are processing next years seed right now so all orders will be delayed until such and such a date" is enough. Some companies simply put "sold out" or "coming soon" and won't take any orders on that variety at all. (even though everyone knows they probably have a few seeds lying around)

I haven't ever ordered from Marianna before, but by the looks of the posts it seems more of an organizational and business practices issue than anything else.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; September 29, 2012 at 01:53 PM.