View Single Post
Old April 18, 2019   #8
bad.kelpie
Tomatovillian™

I planted in these fabric pots to save space. It's been working pretty well. They're wedged in there so none can fall over and break. The pots are supposed to be biodegradable and you're supposed to plant directly in them, but many people say they're not, so I'll just take them out to plant. It's been a convenient way to keep them as seedlings though.

I didn't use grow lights this year, just started them in a sunny window and brought them outside any time it was warm enough (over 50 degrees). I have these ones in another clear bin, a taller one with a lid, so I can keep them safe from cold and wind. But I have 2 smaller tubs of "extras that I couldn't throw away", that just sit on a table outside unprotected from the elements and they look the same.

Turns out, I didn't get the house with barely any garden space, but another with tons of space. Closing date is May 23, so I'll still be able to plant most of these. A little later than usual, but it's ok. 10 will go in my community garden plot, a bunch at my parent's house, and the rest will be planted later at my new house. If any are left I can give them to the senior center thrift store and they'll sell them for $1 each or something.

Edit to add: The first picture of April 2nd, second picture is April 18 (today), some are basil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190402_124031.jpg (391.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 20190418_164313.jpg (455.3 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by bad.kelpie; April 18, 2019 at 08:07 PM.
bad.kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote