View Single Post
Old March 28, 2011   #2
WillysWoodPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctomatoman View Post
All - Lee just reminded me of a post that I was meaning to make (thanks, Lee) - and here it is!

For all of you who purchased the new dwarfs from Victory and/or Sandhill (and end up doing so once TGSC gets Summertime Green and Dwarf Wild Fred listed and available) - please provide your impressions, feedback and experiences in this thread, making clear which one you are talking about.

I can ensure that this feedback gets to each of the offering companies so that they are clear on what they need to select for going forward. It is also extremely important information for Patrina and me as we monitor the characteristics, stability, and especially, success (or not) - the customer satisfaction part - to ensure that we can refine the project to best meet gardeners' needs.

So, please feel free to have at it in this thread as the season progresses. What is going to be especially important are those things we didn't have the resources to fully work out - yields, maturity dates, disease tolerance (or not) - evidence that things are not quite yet stable - you get the idea!

It will be really exciting to read about how these new varieties do for you all this coming season. Thanks in advance for your open and honest feedback!
My seeds were purchased from SandHill. Their service was prompt: and I must admit that ordering by snail-mail intriguingly puts everyone on the same level.

Here is Summertime Gold. 6 of 6 seeds sprouted. They were a day earlier than Dwarf Jade Beauty, and thus seem a little more vigorous to me. Both were sown on 3-23.

Dwarf Jade Beauty. 4 of 6 seeds up; 2 pending

Side-by-side

I am more than satisfied with progress thus far.

Edited to add: Sorry about the sunny reflection. I will post more pictures soon.

Last edited by WillysWoodPile; March 28, 2011 at 04:08 PM.