View Single Post
Old May 24, 2013   #2
SIP Gro-Tubs
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
I'm not 100% sure where I got the ones I have, but I'm looking for some more. They are perfect for the ~9 oz plastic cups that I use all the time for potting up.

The dimensions are (measured across the top of the tray openings) 3" x 3" x 3". There are 18 compartments and each has openings at the bottom to allow moisture out (and in). They're made of plastic that is the same thinkness as standard 72 hole flats and fit well into a standard 1020 tray, although the fit is a bit loose. It will also handle 16 oz plastic cups, but that's with a tight fit that is somewhat crowded. I often use a combination of 9 oz and 16 oz cups and alternate positions to reduce crowding.

I think I got the ones I have from a nursery down in Georgia. However, they are no longer open. My memory seems to suggest that they were for plants to be sold by the tray to landscapers. Instead of cups, the entire tray was to be bumped on the ground to spill out the plants.

I didn't see them at GreenHouseMegaStore. Before some tedious looking out on the web, I thought I'd see if someone here knows a source. I'd really appreciate any help.
What you have are what is called "Insert Trays" used for 1801 Inserts. You don't need to use Web Trays with this as a growing system.

Growers use them instead of Web Flats since they are ridgid and each pot sits inside its own pocket.

These are my preferred way to growing, instead of Web trays because of the ridgidity and they will last way longer than the Web trays.

I, still have a lot, that are over 10 years old.

Terry
SIP Gro-Tubs is offline   Reply With Quote