Thread: Texas Look Out!
View Single Post
Old September 17, 2017   #467
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

[QUOTE=rnewste;665093]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockporter View Post
Well our friends met with the adjuster and we knew it as a total loss already. I guess TWIA insurance is only for regular stick built homes, not mobile homes. The insurance they have isn't much so they will be taking a huge loss on it. Now with getting it off the lot it's on and them to decide what they will do for the future. It's just so sad.

Rockporter, Is there a way to make a donation DIRECTLY to these people anonymously? If you PM me with your mailing address, I would be happy to send you a small envelope to give to them to help out.

Raybo
Thanks so much for the offer Ray. Her husband is quite proud and I'm not sure he would take money from anyone. All the helping we are doing he is saying, "Just let it go". But his wife is saying, "But, we need some of this stuff". It's been a hard few weeks, and she and I cried real hard together yesterday. It's so sad.

Honestly, I think the best help they could get would be to have a collection of full and queen sized pillow cases for her to make the dresses with. She has two small resale shops nearby her but not much to choose from. Spending money on these things is a bit hard right now too. I bought some more ric rac for her the other day.

She needs pretty patterned pillow cases (plain and stripes don't work out very well) that look correct positioned with the hem of the pillowcase pointing downward. That is the hem of the dress so it has to look normal for the little girls to wear them. Our place here she used to shop at is closed right now. We don't know when it will open and if they had any damage from the storm. It is in Rockport also.

Other supplies she uses are baby ric rac in many different colors, mostly blues, pinks, yellows, white, greens and reds. Wide single fold bias tape in all colors, and thread too.

Sewing is what keeps her sane, lol.

So, hmm. If you were to put a note in the envelope that it was for dress supplies her husband would probably keep his mouth shut, lol. I'll pm you. Thanks Ray.

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; September 17, 2017 at 05:23 PM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote