View Single Post
Old March 4, 2012   #7
tgplp
Tomatovillian™

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been posting for a while, I've been having some serious problems with this computer/ this website. Not sure what's going on. The website isn't letting me post or send private messages...

Chris, I totally think we should do the cross country Micro project!!! That'd be great.

Tom, the tomatoes that wouldn't open their blossoms were some dwarfs I grew two winters ago that I was going to cross with some other tomatoes. I don't know why they wouldn't open... the plants would form lots of buds, and keep on growing, but the buds would never open. I have a Hardin's Miniature plant in a window that is just like that. I'm stumped as to why they aren't opening. I grew them under flourescent grow lights, gave them fish fertilizer, liquid seaweed, and earth juice bloom, but nothing worked. Any ideas?
Micro Blues/Brews sounds really cool! And yes, I am in the Seattle area- I'm near Woodinville, Duvall, etc. I'd love to work on this with you.

Well, I'm hoping this post works... sigh.

Taryn

Edit: Here are some more ideas...
We could try crossing Micro Tom with pear shaped varieties; I'm growing Medovaya Kaplya, I could cross it with that. It'd be neat to have a tiny plant with pear shaped tomatoes.
I would also like to cross Micro Tom with Isis Candy, to try and get a bicolor cherry on a tiny plant.

Last edited by tgplp; March 4, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
tgplp is offline   Reply With Quote