View Single Post
Old July 30, 2016   #50
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Bill... I was watching channel 9. They been wrong before, probably were in this case. They saying this morning better chances of rain and low to mid 90's for next week. Better get out the scarfs and winter coats if it does. ; ) So miserable during the day and still in low 80's at 3 in morning. I hear you, usually out about 6:30 - 7 am and by the time you water you are a sweat mess and already exhausted for the day. Good thing, hopefully it won't be for to many more weeks.

I keep forgetting to ask you. I'm thinking about treating one whole section of ground. The deer bad here in the gardens even during the day. Which means the tics are going to be bad again this year if we don't have any cold again. They bad now. They say the tics don't carry Lyme disease during summer months but do during fall when you out and about in gardens.

Will the DE kill the tics and other pests in the ground and not hurt living critters and mainly my worms? Just finally getting a good population of them building up. Now if the worms would just quit trying to eat them.

The bottom of the tents have a hole to put stakes to hold tent in ground. I have wondered if it would be possible to drill a bigger hole and put wheels on. Would be easier than having to pick whole tent frame up and move it.

Cole-Robbie ... Can become a reality. I have one of them pop up tents and takes a bit of maneuvering but I shuffle it across the ground when pulling weeds for hours. A long extension cord and a fan helps too.

Last edited by Starlight; July 30, 2016 at 09:34 AM. Reason: corrections
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote