View Single Post
Old February 26, 2011   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
Is it any different to mail seeds to someone in another country? Customs, ag laws, etc.? Is it very expensive? I am asking because I have read posts of people "across the pond" as Carolyn would say, and would like to offer them seeds and I don't want to offer if I can't follow through
Goldie, there's some information about this in my seed offer, but to be more specific here's a few tips.

I don't know if you're planning to put up a seed offer here, or whatever, But it's best to ask non-US folks to e-mail you their requests b'c most of them do not have access to US stamps.

Tomato seed cannot be sent to either the Netherlands or to Australia, for different reasons.

The cost of sending to Canada is currently 75 cents and all other non-US places it's 98 cents for a first class one oz standard envelope. The cost goes up on April 1 st of this year as the USPS just announced. The current 44 cents within the US stays the same.

I can send 5-6 coin envelopes with the # of seeds you received, and most others, with the seeds padded as you received from me in my seed offer to non-US countries in a regular small or large business envelope for the apotage I mentioned above. If you chose to use a padded mailer or send more seeds to an individual it will be more money and it's best to let your postmaster weigh and tell you what the cost is until you become more familiar with postage rates for letter sized enveloped vs different sized padded mailers.

Hope that helps.