View Single Post
Old January 24, 2022   #18
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

With the advent of Covid, more folks at home getting into gardening and the loss of several seed selling sites, a little patience goes a long ways.

I have not ordered from Curtis, but all the other sites experience a gap between orders taken and seeds sent out. Those sellers that are a single person can get a flood of orders when southern growers start planting now and it continues though the northern surge. I order early (but no so early since many sellers don't begin packaging seeds until the new year). That way a month from order to receipt is not a bother. A blurb on the website explaining their situation would certainly help explain the lag time. Since I am planning to spend the money anyway, I don't care when the check (or card) gets cashed. As long as the seeds get to me by my planting time.

One of my favorite sellers says on his site that they do not read or answer e-mails very often because they are busy sending out seeds. His turn around is generally a couple of weeks. Another favorite does send out an e-mail notice that the order has been received.

The good thing is that I have never been forgotten or had the wrong order sent except by one of the big catalog companies. That is why I deal with the smaller family organizations despite any small wait for delivery.