View Single Post
Old February 15, 2008   #36
felpec
Tomatovillian™

Grub,
I looked at some of the other links at the bottom of that page. I do have an octopus in the freezer (don't ask) and may try the octopus with aioli sauce.

But what's up with the quarantine mentioned in "Des's Tips for growing Burpee tomatoes"?? All tomato seed or just Burpee's?

from the article:
Don’t plant near other tomato plants so as to reduce chance of cross pollination with other varieties as these tomatoes are not available in Australia and quarantine will not allow any more in.
Tomato plants and prunings must not be allowed to be left laying around to spread disease – throw them in rubbish bin – not on compost or on the ground
To save seed, scrape seed from largest tomatoes on best producing bushes and pot seed onto flywire throw skin and pulp aside. Hose seed through flywire until clean. Leave I sun to dry 2-3 weeks. Place in sealed container ready for next year.
If you want more information or to get the seeds of Burpee Delicious tomatoes, email Alison Miller at jamiller@airnet.com.au .

Last edited by felpec; February 15, 2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: My spelling stinks...
felpec is offline   Reply With Quote