Thread: The Red Fox
View Single Post
Old August 13, 2017   #35
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
You also have a duty to protect your family and that includes your pets.
Your pets trust and depend on you to protect them.
As pretty as they are fox are killers.
You dont have to enjoy it I never have but it is a duty.
Not meaning to load you up with guilt but it is the truth.
You wont feel so friendly towards it went it snatches a cat up and runs off with it right in front of you.
Worth
I will say it is not what I would consider a duty to kill something that has not proven it's self to be a danger, but is mostly acting as it's nature demands it should. I don't usually shoot people, who are known to be a dangerous animal at times, even if they walk up to me.

That being said, I suspect this fox has been fed or otherwise become accustomed to people more than it should have been, and/or is a juvenile and curious.

Fox are attracted to food, so there may be mice around supplying a food source.

There was a wild fox who decided part of it's territory was a golf club. It would run out and steal the golf balls after the ball got near the green areas in particular. It seemed to find this a sport and caused consternation in the golfers. It would drop the balls in the wooded/brushy areas at times. It was often enough that it became a "rule" if the fox stole your ball, you got to shoot again.

The golfers wanted to shoot the fox instead, but it was in city limits or something like that, no fire arms.

Finally live trapped , baited with golf balls no less, and relocated.

I hope they left him a golf ball or two.

I can only speak for myself, and would be cautious in not encouraging this animal in any way, but enjoy seeing it for it's beauty in the wild. I would not harm it unless I had to do so.

Last edited by imp; August 13, 2017 at 06:39 PM.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote