View Single Post
Old January 3, 2019   #6
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyG View Post
Brix has been as high or higher than that of 'Tasti Lee' with a good balance of acids and sugar. Everyone who has tried it has commented favorably on its flavor (taste) for a high yielding, determinate type with concentrated fruit set and firm fruit. People who have canned and processed it in other ways have been very happy with the results.
Hmm, excuse me if you didn't think I was polite enough ... it's all in how you read things I guess. I just wanted much more information than what was contained in the post.
Seems like it might be balanced enough, perhaps on the sweet side of life, at least that is a little better description of what to expect. I am growing both Mountain Fresh and Mountain Magic so I was curious as to how this might compare to either of those (taste, size, growth, production).
In visiting the website (Twilley Seeds), it looks like this one may be about the same size, if not slightly larger, than Mountain Fresh? 75 days and fairly compact (~3 ft in height). It does go on to say "nearly unique flavor quality" ~ which still leaves me wondering on the parentage or least what tomato is being improved on by the making of this hybrid. The site also says "meaty, thick flesh", so would you describe this as a slicer or a paste?
rhines81 is offline   Reply With Quote