View Single Post
Old June 30, 2007   #32
TJS
Tomatovillian™

OK kellyville here goes,
See my drawing attached. Nevermind I can't figure out how to attach so I will e-mail it to you
My soil here is sandy so you may have to do this a little differently.
Materials: a 1 1/4 inch self jetting wellpoint,a pressure tank, a 1/2 to 2 HP pump with a pressure switch some 11/4 pvc pipe and fittings to make like attached drawing.

I would start by using posthole diggers and dig down as deep as you can with them. Here we go to about 10-16 feet down which is impossible with post hole diggers so we use a self jetting wellpoint wich you probably won't need since you are installing in a wet area.
Next run your 11/4" pipe from wellpoint to pump location. Keep this run as short as possible.
Install check valve between wellpoint and pump making sure arrow on valve points toward pump.
Connect this araingment to pump inlet.
Connect to pump outlet outgoing pipe and pressure tank (this is very important) with some kind of valve to shut off water and pump.
You will need a 15 or 20 amp receptical to plug pump into (to save more electricity hook up to 220 volt supply)
You may have to check with local government about whether this is legal in your location. Also when you dig hole you may want to put sand as a backfill to help filter water.
If you need any more help just ask!
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote