View Single Post
Old April 16, 2015   #3
tnkrer
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Claud.
I think that should work for me as well. instead of cement buckets, drive 12" thinwall metal conduit and put 8' of 1 inch schedule 40 pvc pipe (or conduit whichever is stiffer) in it. (So I will get 7 ft of height )
I don't expect 50 mph wind in my backyard. (area is protected by trees and my house)
Last year my 1/2" schedule 40 PVC pipe had bent completely by the weight of the cukes and tomatoes. So that is my worry. But you say you use the same for tomatos too .. so I am going to try that.

I did see the image for the top attachment detail. So while the piece shown in the image will fit between two poles, How can you make a line across multiple posts? So lets say I have 3 posts. The "legs" of the top fit in post 1 and post 2. How do I put a top between post 2 and post 3?

As I am reading about beans, I read that I should not plant tomatoes with beans. I have severe space constraints. This is my only in ground space. So what can I plant with beans, are cucumbers OK? I might still plant a tomato there, if I do that, is there a variety that likes the extra N?
tnkrer is offline   Reply With Quote