View Single Post
Old July 20, 2013   #13
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Some of the early cherries are starting to ripen now, my daughter Katie stayed with me today so she could help in the patch. Checking the bottom branches of more than a quarter mile of tomato rows she found the first full quart.

Since we're all about the tomatoes here, a shot of just the tomatoes.

We're growing a lot of currant types this year because the chefs we took tomatoes to last year went gaga over them. This is Gold Nugget Currant.

Indigo Kumquat is a new F1 antho variety I'm trying this year. I expect I will grow out seeds next year to see what happens, as the tiny plum/grape tomatoes are intriguing. The one on the far left there is ripe, these have a lot more antho color than the catalog picture showed.

Treasure Trove is a yellow cherry from Tom Wagner.

As part of my search for an antho currant type I'm growing out some of this Bosque Blue x Ted's Pink Currant from Cornbreadlouie.

I'm also growing out some of ChrisK's F1 crosses from last year. There are 4 plants of all of the ones I took, but I've got to go out and number each plant of this Sungold cross because of the possible variation from using the F1...

I'm going to head out and start taking pictures of some of the interesting things showing up in the antho grow outs, even though they are still green they have me excited about what's to come....

Last edited by Boutique Tomatoes; July 20, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote