View Single Post
Old February 1, 2006   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Michael,

Parker Hatlee is a somewhat obscure variety that I introduced and first listed at SSE in the mid-90's. It's a typical long red variety much like Opalka in shape. Taste is pretty good. Parker was a friend of my father, and from whom I got the seeds. Not much of a following in terms of relisting, but I know Craig has also grown it and I think remembering he said he liked it.

I'm not sure what you mean by not the mutant Stick, b/c Stick is a mutant. One of the strangest varieties I've ever grown . It grows straight up and has bunches of leaves so that it looks like a poodle. LOL Fruits are small reds and taste isn't all that bad. A real curiosity and grown primarily for novelty purposes.

I have a problem here b'c being an AOL user I'm now using Internet Explorer to post here and off hand I don't remember Craig's website where I'm pretty sure he must have a picture of Stick, and I know others who post here do as well b/c seeds for it were generously passed around two years ago by several GW members who grew it.

So I'm assuming that one of those Stick people, ahem, will stop by and can give you a picture of it.

Carolyn
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote