Thread: Oasis Cubes
View Single Post
Old November 26, 2018   #13
Hunt-Grow-Cook
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
My journey to researching plug format began when I met a local Daylily breeder and she starts her seeds in Rapid Rooters. She doesn't grow the volume of plants that I do, but I was going to buy a small pack for this purpose. My hydro store repacks things from bulk packages, and they always seemed drippy and gross. Perhaps they added too much water so the cubes don't dry out. The Daylily starts get really fibrous roots so I'll be watering even more than your did, hunt. I'm starting in mid December and will update when things get going. I practiced using regular peat with a common variety Daylily seed from Lowes and the germination is about 75%. She gets the same rate in the rooters.

Squibb, great pic as always, and healthy transplants too. But the environmental specs are gross - just no for me!

- Lisa
My shops carry the 50 pack tray/plug combo as well as bags of extra plugs. Condensation isn't abnormal on the inside of package prior to opening, the plugs should be slightly damp when first opened, but definitely not dripping. Root Riot brand was very similar across the board but one was a few bucks cheaper, just cant remember which one. Good luck!
Hunt-Grow-Cook is offline   Reply With Quote