View Single Post
Old October 7, 2007   #22
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Well another Pridetoberfest has been a great success. Although a smaller than expected turn out it was one that came out to par - tay! Our headline act the BGirlz brought the house down. They had their own film documentary crew following them about.

We had guests that came from as far away as Tampa, Florida, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Michigan, New York, Los Angeles, California, Quebec and Ohio....and those are the ones I know about. We had media visiting from all over the map, including Germany.

But after getting home and sleeping for about 5 hours, I got up to feed and medicate our Westie, check on the tomatoes and beans (we had thundershowers here last night with hard driving drains and high winds) - all are doing well. This heat wave has fast forwarded the ripening on the tomatoes. Plants that had fruit that were barely blushing last weekend, are almost ripe. I picked about 5 quarts of cherries, saladettes and pear tomatoes this morning....about the same last Thursday. I'm not knocking it, but for the past 4 out of 5 Thanksgiving weekends, we've had snow flurries - so this is awesome to say the least!

Have to go finish stuffing the bird. And take another nap. LOL
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote