View Single Post
Old August 3, 2010   #3
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Yes and thanks eyolf for all your calculations. Mostly fungicides or herbicides or ferts.

One problem is I don't have a conventionally shaped garden, but lots of beds & pens. Most are 3x7ft or 3x8ft though, plus some 3ft triangles, I'd have to try adding everything up if we are talking Area.

Then, the sprayers. I have a relatively simple theory but sometimes confusing Ortho Dial N Spray which is more like a hose-end type sprayer but you premix in 4oz increments and then set the dial to 4oz for thicker things. For example, if Daconil is 1TBS/gal, you would add 8TBS and fill the cup up to 32oz and set the dial to 4oz. Or, if the liquid is thin, you can just pour however much you want, set the dial to whatever amount like 1t or 1T or 1oz, and spray away and when done spraying, pour whatever is leftover back into the original container--water would never enter the sprayer cup to contaminate or dillute the contents.

I also have 2 of the Ryobi One+ 18v sprayers that pressurize when switched on. I think they are only 1 gallon capacity. The wand appears to be brass with an adjustible knurled brass tip, and you can snap the wand into the handle and walk around with it as 1 piece, or disengage the wand and use the wand in 1 hand & hold the sprayer in the other hand.

I do remember seeing more than one webpage that listed pints per acre and how many ounces to use per gallon. No calculations were involved. I've also seen many more with complicated fraction math. Most presume that if they are talking Acres, that that defaults to 100 gallons I think, unless otherwise specified.
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote