View Single Post
Old November 23, 2018   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Donna, I have never seen racks of SSE seeds either,but then I don't get around much anymore,like out of my Home.

But I am not surprised at all. I'm a lifetime member of SSE as I think you already know, get the Annual Yearbooks and can see where membership is dropping in the chart they show.I also receive the four magazines from Heritage Farms each year.

They have tried everything under the sun
to ramp up membership ,I won't got into detail on that. I also receive the numerous e-mails asking for money donations to SSE. I think it was just a week or two ago I got an e-mail saying that I had been a long time member and they would appreciate any donations that I wished to make.

What I am thankful for is that Kent and Diane started SSE and b'c of that the number of varieties of everything,not just tomatoes,has had a huge impact on what we have today at MANY commercial seed sites. Many members joined SSE , ,I mean ones from other countries,and that helped increase the diversity of many kinds of seed,that's good as well.

But I speak mainly in the past tense now as to non US members.

But I fear that the glory days of SSE are over,just my own opinion from being a member since I think 1988 or 1989.

Lastly,what I treasure most are the many friends I first met via SSE and many of them still are friends.

Carolyn