Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old September 28, 2017   #1390
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Got some good rain here today but I am positive those with roof damage aren't very happy about that. It's flooding in the Portland area though. All the towns around Corpus Christi are flooding and more rain is to come. I told my hubby last night if it rains really well and the sand it soaked good I'll take my awesome pointy shovel out there and dig that ditch on the side of the house he'll be needing for the drainage of the patio. We need to have that done before winter. We did put up the rain gutters but they are hanging out over the edge of the roofing about 2 or 3 feet to make sure the water doesn't come back onto the patio when it rains.

It will be nice to have a finished rain gutter system to move that water to the front of the house and keep most off the patio when it downpours. We haven't had the patio so flooded that I thought it would flood in the house anymore since he put up the rain gutter last year. That's been nice but it still gets about an inch or two that sits on it and we want that to move out when it rains.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote