View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013   #59
raindrops27
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmontanez View Post
@hdrider
I appreciate your comments. I do have some experience growing sweet peppers too. So for peppers try morning sun exposure and afternoon shade not full sun ~8hrs of direct sun seem enough in my MA garden. Of course I did a well documented experiment too. Try and see if you get better results. I've tried that 3 years in a row and the yield and health of the plants seem to agree with it.

Wendy thanks for the answer to my pm, you have not only been overly gracious, but a wealth of information for me, thank you! I did hill the plants per your advice..

Now, for sweet peppers, I had great lush green peppers from seeds growing for 2 full months inside under lights they were all crowded in one pot, after hardening.. I separated the root bound plants to transfer into the garden. Well, they have turned a pale yellow and are sulking.. I am thinking I may have tugged to hard on the roots. I don't know. It could just be the cool weather at night. I am clueless. Any tips, or info.. I am thinking of just going to buy more from the box store. If I see no improvements in the next week.
raindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote