View Single Post
Old November 22, 2008   #3
piegirl
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Probably major changes - the nasty trees next door came down in late May and suddenly I have full blazing sunlight. This year everything just exploded. Some perennials need to be relocated, the path to the compost pile moved and old one dug up. I can plant just about anything now and feel it will grow and produce well. So more zukes, cukes, try a few new squash/pumpkins - although I have 100 + lbs of neck pumpkin to use - Toms will be planted in a more orderly fashion this year. More beans, yellow wax, pole beans (something better than Kentucky pole), should have better luck with lettuces. Just trying to figure out where everything should go - it is wonderful! The soup kitchen a few blocks away gets all the extra stuff. And I had enough to share with friends and neighborhoods. So my pretty large garden is now producing as it should - before I had enough for me and little to share. And several folks have said, well, I would lay some bucks for fresh ---- so that would help offset the watering bill. Piegirl
piegirl is offline   Reply With Quote