View Single Post
Old August 3, 2013   #53
tlintx
Tomatovillian™

Yep, I'm going to plant out all of the DC x BTD in my best bed, on the side of the house, as soon as it gets just a little shadier. Right now it's set on "broil". If I think they're getting a bit crowded (the heat and shade makes everything grow a little lanky) I may try putting them out and rigging up some shade cloth, but right now I think everything is happy.

Quite interesting results on several fronts, even though nothing is flowering just yet. First, the seedlings (from both crosses) started in peat-lite mix in 16 oz cups (five to a cup) are quite a bit larger than the ones I started individually in coir pellets. Potted them all up the same day, but it's still very noticeable. The roots were better on the ones in the coir pellets, though.

The tiny tiny runt DC x PBTD has very tiny leaves, too -- will be interesting to see if it grows out of it or stays small! It's smaller than my pinky nail (while the largest is the size of my palm) but not weak or sickly looking -- they're all very healthy.

I'm currently trying to figure out a good permanent home for the micros. They're such pretty plants they really deserve a nice container! But I have twenty of them.
tlintx is offline   Reply With Quote