View Single Post
Old November 4, 2017   #13
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Hawaii is really strict.As all good seed suppliers and farmers common sense should prevail.Sending large seeds although innocent can set back a isolated type environment I.e. a island.To this day they still have a feral nasty well fed packs of pigs on all the islands by now.They just got back a decent reptile population cause the mongoose they introduced ate them almost to extinction,then those mogeeses(did wipe out rats somewhat)a zillion in a few short years started invading the hen houses.They swim,almost like a warm climate badger,Wolverine.Tenaciuos mean fun to shoot as they do now.The Fed has a lot of input at the airports that handle agri transport.Check there,USPS handles mail,screens are in place.You will get fined if you do “declare” said items and they say it’s not on the list then in the hazemat bin she goes.At counter when they ask what is going to Hawaii,and you declare nuthin,on the other end if they confiscate you get the consequences.Mail from home ,sterilize,make sure you sends the best,styrofoam balls in envelope,blister pack cause attention,a X-ray fine time.Rollers and sorters will crush the puddle poop out of those precious seeds.As Carolyn brushed on maybe above?The other reasons might be good old market forces,hay if you come to my hood,we are going to “wet our beaks”also,I want my cut plus taxes for the cleanup after.

Last edited by kurt; November 4, 2017 at 07:04 PM.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote