View Single Post
Old November 12, 2017   #12
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi Patti..Yes the top of the seedling could be abnormal...There were three varieties in the propagators that fell over...NBFT or as I prefer to call it Myra's Delight ..Sweet scarlet and Tasty Tom .....So I think it could be a Tasty Tom ....As you can see from the other photos my experiment with growing Tasty Toms from seed does not look good but I may as well keep them growing and see what happens...I see one has three growing leaves..
Today I had to bike a long way and pick up another Fridge Freezer...I was had it when I got back home and lay down without eating first and must have sensed something was wrong while sleeping ...It may have been the sweat on me so I managed to struggle out of bed and do a blood test and sure enough I was starting to go into a Hypo so I had a close call...

So I have another fridge-freezer which I am testing now..and within a couple of days would have the cool Chamber up and going at any temperature ..but what do I do...???
It seems to me that my first two trays are probably past the time when the cold treatment is applied but I will wait til you confirm this...they certainly need something to strengthen their growth.....I do have a third tray of much smaller plants and they could certainly be given cold treatment ...

I am certainly wondering if my tall spindly plants should be all transplanted out into my greenhouse and check the roots then....By the weather forecast we do have about 10 days at least of relative good sunny weather ..I was also wondering if they require some specific fertiliser like Nitrogen for the foliage and The capillary cloth has no water to suck up....Regards Ron
PS>>I did drop into the Proper garden centre on my bike ride and could only look with envy upon there young plants...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown_2017-11-12_205751.jpg (48.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Tasty Toms_2017-11-12_205545.jpg (57.5 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Tasty Toms_2017-11-12_205642.jpg (51.8 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Had-it_2017-11-12_161832.jpg (51.2 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by murihikukid; November 12, 2017 at 03:08 AM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote