View Single Post
Old November 10, 2017   #6
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingCoastal View Post
This all sounds so complicated! I need simple, myself.

Last spring I planted seeds under a light in the house on a heat mat with a dome cover at night. They came up, grew well and strong and then I put them out in the garage where it is cooler with some natural light and fluorescent lights. That's when they got their 'cold treatment' without any extra effort.

I used to see African violets grown on capillary cloth because overhead watering ruins their leaves with spots. They were in the same style pots as yours and drank their fill without help. (peat based soilless mix)

When I worked in a greenhouse I learned to judge the dryness of a plant pot by feeling its weight. Light = dry. Heavy = wet. Easy with small pots.

Good Luck with your experiments.
Thanks For your reply ...There are limitations here where i can actually put the youngsters Although Next Season I should seriously consider doing all my seed raising out in my greenhouse and get my living room back in case of visitors?? ,,By the way I NEVER over head water my plants ..I ensure that any water is applied down the inside so water never gets on the foliage...These youngsters were propagated in a soilless mix but the mix they are in now is soil based..although the soilless mix is still around them ....Thanks Ron..

Last edited by murihikukid; November 10, 2017 at 10:06 PM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote