View Single Post
Old July 20, 2012   #2
babice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
I will be home from a short vacation soon. Amazing I had to travel to Florida in the summer to cool off.

Are any of us getting tomatoes yet? Sunday will know if I even have a garden left after a week away from home. No rain and 100 degree temps makes me wonder.

I suggest we become the Denise Kjar Mid-West Tomato Fest or something of that nature. JGaleota has stepped up to help out this year and several others will be helping, too. This will be a bittersweet gathering. Seeing old friends is always good, but missing one is difficult. We went through this a few years ago when we lost Daisy from Humboldt. Let's keep everything upbeat and plan on a great time.
I've got nothin' but tomato plants so far, but I didn't get these planted until early June. It's actually cooler in Iowa today. Nice weather to finally be outside doing some maintenance work -- and I'm thinking I'm going to till an area where I can finally plant the extra toms I have. Supposed to be back in the triple-digits again Sunday and next week. Still haven't gotten much rain to speak of, at least in my neck of the Midwest. We got 2/10 of an inch the other night. So far in the month of July we've gotten almost an inch of rain.

Can't comment on the name or your past fests, etc., since I'm a newbie!