Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old April 20, 2018   #285
TexasTomat0
Tomatovillian™

They're saying use copper/daconil 1x per week, alternation between copper and daconil each week. The bleach will kill any infected leafs, so what they're suggesting is to spray the bleach mix then come in the next day and use either your daconil or copper, whichever is up to bat that week.

Within a couple days after the bleach is sprayed the infected foliage will die off and you can cut that out. The bleach is NOT a preventative but will attack any infected foliage. You still would need to apply your preventative to stop the infection from attacking healthy foliage.

I hope that clears the schedule up for you, I'm sure someone else can chime in. Here is an example:

Daconil OR Copper Spray (PREVENTATIVES) alternating weeks 1x per week (will need to reapply after rain)
If you get an infection like I see in your pics, spray bleach, and the following day apply your preventative.

I got nailed last year with what looks like the same thing that is hitting you, which I think was early blight. It pretty much wiped me out, but I wasn't well versed in preventative and bleach spray. You need to really stay on your spray schedules if you're going to manage to pull off a long season. I didn't and I was done by June and restarting seeds.
TexasTomat0 is offline   Reply With Quote