View Single Post
Old March 22, 2018   #93
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Raybo - Thank you for the picture, it really helped. I love how your cucumber plants are so neat.

Rockporter - There is no way I could do what is described in your post 63. Way too elaborate for me.

I do like the zip tie method in post #33. I think I could handle that.

Were you the one who recommended the zip ties for the plastic bag (vs earthbox cover)? If so, I've implemented it on at least 3 EB and love it; so thank you again.

I use zip ties to attach bambo poles to my cages to make them taller. I finally bought cage extensions but my plants were too large to attach them this year. Being in Florida, we have opposite growing seasons.

---
I'm going to pull out the pea cages tomorrow and look at them again for next season. I don't have any empty EB hanging around to try it now.

---
Cinder blocks did nothing for holding my EB from tipping over in our wind. When I was on the pool deck, the only thing that worked was 20 gallon buckets filled with water. Some I also included the HD 5 gallon orange bucket filled with water for extra support.

Now I'm off the pool deck, but kept a few plants on the porch and yesterday all went down in the gusts (40+ MPH). Only one EB went down; the others have their cages attached to T-Posts.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote