View Single Post
Old March 1, 2021   #9
Shapshftr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeb View Post
Do you mean those on the left? Those are dwarfs and they look as they are supposed to Whose yellow leafs were green at a beginning.. but there is a third leaf, just small, looks kind of like a potato leaf.. I have placed it today in another soil so it will have a better conditions to grow, hopefully.

In your seedling that yellow tips - its something I was getting in the future when I was "helping" some seedlings to get rid of the seed husk. Some of those tips went green but some just stuck at the yellow underdeveloped phase so I started cutting them off - and then the whole cotyledon [a bit shorter] could develop better. So what part I was mentioning as dry - was not those yellow tips but the edges of a cotyledon, at least it looks like this in a photo, maybe I'm wrong because its so tiny..
I never grew dwarfs, so that is new info to me, but good to know that plant is ok. It has a real good healthy color too. I don't understand why that small plant is yellow, since it's in the same pot as the others that look so healthy.

I think maybe the whole problem with mine was "helping" remove the seed coat. It appeared the cotyledons were crimped, probably from the light squeeze I gave the seed coat. And the crimp apparently stopped the water uptake by the cots, so they never expanded. It was more apparent today, when I could see the cots were separated more at the base, and it appeared there was the beginning of small true leaves. So I gently poked the tip of a needle between them, and the whole thing beyond that crimp just popped off. So now it just has 2 little stumps of cotyledons. It's still alive, but without the food source that cots provide, it will need to start taking up nutrients from the soil.
Shapshftr is offline   Reply With Quote