View Single Post
Old April 9, 2018   #35
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Thanks for the link. Very interesting reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
Our friends who own a large GH business spend a 100k on heat every season, it is just part of the overhead.
I have had icicles on the outside of my GH at -10, have about a foot of snow still in the yard. We have to suck it up, we want perfect product when people are ready to buy in late spring. It all works out if you have a good business model, we spend a bit on heat, labor, supplies, and NEVER cut corners. When new people come in, many times they come back, that is the plan.
Always going to have the cost of doing business, thats for sure. For instance, the cost of Credit Card Processing. Myself along with a lot of other vendors use Square. I laugh when folks want to scoff at fees, you pay no more then about $3 on a $100 worth of charges. Ill gladly give up the $3.

Your only statement that I will disagree with is the "perfect product". Obviously thats highly subjective. Around these parts, folks dont want perfect. "Perfect" is synonymous with factory farms, etc.

Once again, thats highly subjective, obviously you grow what your customers want.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote