View Single Post
Old January 12, 2008   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoDon View Post
Hi all, where can I purchase the Estler's strain of Mortgage Lifter? I did a search and it turned up at Heirloom Tomatos in Rosedale, Maryland, but they offer no catalog and I'm not familiar with them. Is this a good source?

They had several "strains" of ML which I found interesting. ML has one of the best tomato variety legends going. Plus, it was a great tomato for me in 07.

Thanks!

Don
Don, that's Chuck Wyatt's old site now run by Donna. My concern is that Chuck died in June of 2002 and he was the one who grew the tomatoes and produced seed and for a couple of years before that things were confused b'c of his medical conditions.

And I know of no place that Donna could buy substitute seed for the Estler.

You can try that site, but I did list it in my seed offer posted this past Monday if you opted to participate in that here at Tville.

Most of those so called strains of ML at that site are just about the same with the exception of the Mullen's strain, if that's still there, that has pale foliage.

And yes, it has a legend going but read at Chuck's site about the Estler strain as opposed to the regular Radiator Charlie one.

Legend it has, but I don't consider to be among the top pink beefs that I've grown; just my perspnal opinion.