View Single Post
Old June 21, 2020   #6
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Your mooses would probably browse them right off!

One other bit about the parsnips - we still have some in the fridge from January. Forgotten, back of the left side vegetable drawer. They taste really good now, probably sweeter than when I dug them, and such a good flavor. No sign of spoilage.

Last year I had them in the top 10' of that bed mixed with some carrots, red beets, and some of Rajun's okra. This year I don't have a specific patch I planted. I have them sown all over with carrots or radishes/turnips/beets/spinach/sweet potatoes, but I can't say for sure that a lot germinated. Turnips and radishes hide everything else until they are pulled. I should try to get some started very soon before it gets too hot, or maybe start a flat and transplant. I think the cutoff is 70F-75F for germination. Peas will be coming out in a couple weeks. Corn going in. Transplants started now might work to fit them between the double rows of corn, but it would be right by the drip tape...that sounds like it is worth a try. Not sure if they will like the drip tape, but it just be for the summer.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote