View Single Post
Old May 20, 2016   #377
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

ChrisK, I have read the whole pages of this thread a couple of times. I am really keen to try this but....I have never hand pollinated a tomato plant. I have several micros and I do grow them under lights in the winter. I want to do what you are doing and try crossing. The post is wonderful but it gets a bit technical for me.. can you suggest some simple reading that I might get that will show me where to start.

I do by the way have a micro of my own, by complete chance I might add, it was a mutant branch on a tomato from a few years ago, I did put it in the forum when it happened .I have kept the seeds true and am growing it as we speak. It was a Tommy Toe that had 1 odd branch , the rest of the plant was normal but this one branch was different, I let it grow and eventually it produced fruit, the following year I grew seeds from that fruit and also from the regular part of the plant, the small branch seeds produced a very tiny plant , the usual seeds a normal Tommy Toe. It has remained true to size.

Anyway, I am very keen to try all of this but need a foot start..is there a book or something that would get me going.

Hope you have the time to answer

XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote