View Single Post
Old July 8, 2022   #13
D.J. Wolf
Tomatovillian™

Well, it's a fairly successful year so far. Most of the main broccoli heads have been harvested, some cooked right up and eaten and some frozen. I think I've harvested 6 of the 9 plants, and have over 3 pints frozen, plus almost that much already eaten and enjoyed!

Cauliflower is coming on, seeing head forming on a couple plants already.

Green beans are flowering nicely, think I'll probably be starting to pick on them in the next week if the rains that started here last week ever stop. As I'm typing this, I'd almost need a canoe to get into the garden.

The leaf lettuces are producing nicely, I've picked probably 3 gallons of lettuce off so far, and more ready to go as soon as I can get in to pick it. I'll probably be starting a second crop of this soon.

Zucchini are setting fruit nicely, I'm hoping to get the first one by the end of this weekend, again assuming I can get into the garden without sinking to my kneecaps.

Fall crop planting has started, I planted more broccoli, cauliflower, and peas in starter trays yesterday. Will be letting them get good and started before planting them out around the 10th or so of August.

Went through a very dry June this year, with only 1.8" of rain the entire month. July seems to be trying to make up for that, with 2" on the 4th, and it rained basically all night last night and is still raining this morning. I"ll maybe start a new thread with growing season rainfall totals just for the fun of it!