View Single Post
Old November 22, 2019   #73
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGlew View Post
That is excellent to hear - I like Sun Peach too. A few years ago a TV SP grower noted that although SP may not have the most spectacular flavour, he found it was always the plant he gravitated to when he wanted to eat some fresh from the vine. I grow 7 Sun series plants right next to my patio so they are immediately munchable, and the order I tend to look to eat them from the vine is a) Sun Cherry, b) Sun Peach, c) Golden Cherry, d) Sun Orange, e) Sun Gold, f) Sun Chocola, g) Sun Green. Initially I was really excited about Sun Green, but so far it has not been that great for me. Tokita have a new improved Sun Green which may be better, but for me now I would suggest that Burpee's Green Envy is a bit better.
You forgot you are growing SunGrape.

My SunGreens are so far behind all the others and it was a robust seedling and large plant. I have 2 - one shares an EB with SunOrange and the other with Braveheart which BTW are no larger than Nectar.

I'm growing the same - Golden Cherry started way later, with the addition of SunLemon and TomatoBerry. TomatoBerry (only 1 plant) shares an EB with Edox (Johnny's creation) and is on the SouthWest side with Edox hogging all the Sun. Last year TomatoBerry was major productive and this year not so much.

Also BTW - Sweet Aperitif was pretty good. I did a taste test with SA, Braveheart and Edox and they were all similar. Sweet Aperitif is larger than I expected so that is good.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote