Thread: venison burger
View Single Post
Old December 2, 2015   #13
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbebs View Post
I use an old 2 phase Hobart grinder that will eat up anything you throw at it. It had many thousand pounds under its belt before I at bought it at auction years ago. Store bought grinders work well if fed slowly with meat that has been trimmed properly. For instance, if a shoulder has been boned out without removing all connective tissue, your grinder will struggle.

I was grinding meat many years ago when my boys were young. I walked away but did not turn the machine off. When I returned, they were feeding broken asphalt shingles into the hopper. Yea I was mad but it sure brings a smile when I think about it now.
I bought a 1 1/2 horsepower #22 grinder a while back, it took me forever to decide on which one I wanted and how big.
From the kind responses here it helped me make up my mind.

I know people here and elsewhere have the LEM grinder but they put me off with their advertising.
This has to do with their so called BIG BITE technology.
They took the absolute worst auger and put it up against there grinder so theirs would look great.
I have never seen an auger like that on any grinder I have ever seen.
They make it look like theirs is the only grinder you can buy that you can let the meat feed its self.
Hog wash I almost never use the meat pusher.
Just sell a darn grinder dont make up lies.

Plus I dont think they have reverse and the cord doesn't unplug from the grinder.
The only complaint I have with my grinder is it is too fast and I cant have as much fun grinding as I would like to.

Carolyn.
With your grinder when you have time do it yourself or get someone in the house to do it.
Get some black wet dry sand paper 240 400 600 grit and polish the knife and plates on a flat surface.
This will match your cutting knife to your plates and they will work a heck of a lot better.
Another hint dont run the locking nut up too tight it is not necessary.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote