View Single Post
Old December 4, 2014   #24
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew51 View Post
Is it possible to give light doses of synthetics and not kill the fungi? I would like to go as much organic as possible, but in some cases like peaches, one must use fungicide to control the brown rot. Many people I have talked to have tried organically and have not has success. Part of it is the area, like in CA brown rot is not a problem. But in the South, Northeast, and Midwest it is a major problem with peaches and other stone fruit. No organic solution has worked very well. I refuse to stop growing them. We need some effective organic fungicides. Hopefully in the future we will find a way.
I don't grow peaches. Sorry I can't give first hand knowledge. However, I have found a guy very knowledgeable on the subject.

Successful Biological Orcharding

Hope that helps.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote