View Single Post
Old August 10, 2012   #94
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
Hi Joyce,

Compared to what you are probably seeing on Sweet Scarlet Dwarf, Summertime Gold is a slightly taller plant with smaller PL foliage. But, all of the project Dwarfs have that distinctive, "cute" look going for them.

Steve
You are right about that. If I am going to grow a Hybrid I want it to be beautiful and taste good, like the Green Zebra's. Believe it are not " I have more Coorongs tomatoes growing per plant than my beautiful Sweet Scarlet. I had no other choice but to grow the project dwarfs nare my deck where I feed the Birds each year, to keep them away from my Heirloom Farm Area. Well It must taste good, because every out-side animal has eaten my sweet scarlets. So one day I decide to put off a beautiful greem one that had a little corol on the bottom. I waited a week for full color, than my grandchild eat it because her middle name is very simular to Scarlet. I guess she was thinging that tomato plant of grandma's was perrty like herself, and i must eat it first.

As for my Coorong: nothing eats it. I think because of the very strong deep deep tomato taste. I am going to bag the whole plant today out of this netting metrial that the sun can get through for the new forming flowers.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote