View Single Post
Old July 16, 2010   #8
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Coyote, unlike any tomato I've ever grown, IMO can taste like 10 different tomatoes depending on mostly WHEN you pick it (whitish . . . in between. . . or very yellow) AND the growing conditions. My early coyotees have never tasted like my main season ones, and the end of the season ones can taste different as well. Sometimes for me they are sweet, other times "tomato-y" other times "wine-y" I like them when they have a complex "wine-y" taste- but it can be too much for some people, and at times during certain weather and picking periods the wine taste can *almost* be gross or overpowering- especially to people that aren't huge tom. fans :0)

Of course, I've only grown it three years on several plants a year, and in crazy New England to boot, so other people may have diff. experiences. :0)

BTW Holly- glad you've still gotten beyond that nasty soil funk of yours. :0) I had Bacterial PIth Necrosis in my newly amended $oil ;0) last year, and Sungold was the only thing that really beat it. :0)