View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013   #11
linzelu100
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmontanez View Post
@linzelu100
For the case of 3# per plant. You said you have a 32ft long row of 4ft width that is plenty wide. If you plant each potato at 9 inches of space you can fit them all 40 plants in the 32 ft long row but that could be a bit too close for the canopy in my opinion.

It you only have 32 ft length...is better to stagger them so make 2 rows in the 4ft width make each potato plant 18 inches from center to center on the first row, That fits 20 plants. Start the second row staggered also with 18 inches spacing at the end each plant is going to have good space around for air circulation.
Oh I have as many rows as I need, I have acres to work with. But my gardening style is the 4 foot rows. That's what we keep and rotate. I can have as many rows of potatoes as necessary. Also, Should different potatoes be seperated from each other? I am not keeping seed, but I will be keeping seed potatoes for the next year.

By the way, loved your writings on french fries. I had no idea it could be so complicated. Ours get soggy...now I know why! The only thing we have perfected in french fry making, is the oil we use. We have decided grapeseed oil is where it's at! Expensive, but the best IMO. Good thing we don't eat them often or we would need to get second jobs

Lindsey
linzelu100 is offline   Reply With Quote